Thursday 16 January 2014

What I wore

Melbourne has really turned ON the weather this week. From a Summer filled with rain, wind and freezing cold temperatures; with the first glimpse of sun I saw I decided it's time to bring on the cooler clothes (mind you, the warm weather occurs as soon as everyone is back to work and finished their holidays).


Top - Kookai leather peplum top
Shorts - Supre high-waisted satin shorts
Shoes - Sportsgirl black wedge
Clutch - Louis Vuitton Vivienne clutch
Watch - Chanel J12 black
Bracelets - Cartier Love Bangle in white gold
                  Hermes enamel bangle in black and silver

For those who have emailed and asked about my hair, I have been gradually going lighter in order to keep my hair healthy and long. At the moment I am in the balayage stage (after 2 goes of colouring my hair). Next week I have my 3rd appointment (with 6-8 weeks between each colouring), to start colouring the roots. I have had no breakage so far (yay!). The look I have at the moment is easy to maintain, as there is no colour on my roots and therefore no constant regrowth. Surprisingly the blonde has taken well to the coloured black hair I was sporting before. No orange/brassiness.

To get the curl I have been trialling a few new products, as well as some oldies:
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Defeat Protective Styling Spray - To be used before you dry off your hair

Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment - To be used on each section before you use your curling wand; I find this gives the curl extra gripCurling Wand - For easy, big waves
Fudge Sea Salt Spray - To be used for extra hold (note: this can make the curl a little crisp)Paddle brush - To be used to brush out the curl (for a less-Bridesmaid effect), or use your fingers
Loreal Elnett Satin - Diamond hold and shine spray - To be used to maintain the curls shape (if the Real House Wives of Beverly Hills can use this, so can we!). No sticky residue, horrible spray, or marks left on the hair.
Schwarzkopf Volumising Powder - To be used on the roots, to add volume to the hair

No comments:

Post a Comment