Tuesday 10 December 2013

12 days of Christmas: Day 1

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Well nothing really, but during my 12 days of Christmas I will be showing you top products in a variety of categories.

To kick off the festive season we are going to start with the hair.

My favourite hair looks are down-do's. I used to be on Team Straight hair (because my natural hair is very curly), but now I am Team Wave all the way!

Riding the wave:

Until recently I was using my VS Sassoon curler, when my fabulous hairdresser suggested a better lasting curl by using a GHD. Now I would say that I prefer the look of the curl (when I DIY at home) using my hair curler, rather than my straightener; however the curls do not tend to have the same hold. A big pro of using the hair curler is that it saves a lot more time, than using the GHD to curl.




On the straight and narrow:



When in doubt, straighten it out. This is a quick, easy, never-fail look, that is appropriate for any occasion.

My little pony:

If you love a pony, you can't go past Marie Uva's (from Uva Salon). This pony includes a bump at the top, a wave in the tail, and in lieu of a hair tie; hair is wrapped around the base. I also love how Marie has left some hair out at the front, adding that feminine touch to frame the face.





Let me see that bun, ba-ba-ba bun:


Goodbye traditional ballerina buns. Our favourite bun is a little messier on top. This is a much more relaxed looked, and does give that girlier feel.



Note: An extra strong hold hairspray will become your BFFL with this up-style.

Hair products:
K-PAC reconstructor by Joico
I use this product particularly when I have lighter hair. This conditioning treatment keeps the roots, ends, and everything in between strong and healthy. Use after shampooing, by combing through your hair in the shower, clip it back whilst you finish off in the shower and wash out. The longer you leave this conditioning treatment in your hair, the better. I use this product at least once a week. RRP $26.95.
This product can be purchased at good quality hair suppliers (for those of you in Australia, head to Hairhouse Warehouse), hairdressers or on Joico's online store.

Miracle Hair treatment by Eleven Australia
This bottle of coconut smelling goodness, is said to have 11 uses some of which include a leave-in hair treatment, a hair protectant, smoothing out a straight-do, and saying bye-bye to those frizzy fly-aways. This product, developed by Joey Scandizzo (hairdressing extraordinaire), has had a lot of hype surrounding it from the likes of Rozalia Russian and Kate Twigley. Squirt a few pumps into your hand after you have straightened your hair, to smooth the hair (adding attention to those fly-aways with extra product), or when curling your hair, section your hair and massage a few pumps into your hair prior to using your styler to create a barrier between your hair and the heat. RRP $24.95.
This product can be purchases at hair salons, as well as Eleven Australia's website.


Hair tools:
GHD
This styling product doubles as a straightener and a curler. This is definitely a necessity in every single bathroom around the country. RRP $269. I use the medium size.


VS Sassoon Curler
This wand is all the same size, is clampless, and has an extra thick barrel (38 mm) to create a wave rather than a tight curl. RRP $42.95

And my number 1 product for the first day of my 12 days of Christmas is....(drum roll).

Frizz-Ease by John Frieda.



I have been using this product for years, and I swear by it! Pump a few squirts into your hand (I use it on my hair once I have blow-dryed it after the shower), rub your hands together to activate the product, and rub through your hair.

Without this product I would not have silky, smooth hair when attempting to straighten it. Instead my hair would be frizzy, and my natural curls would take longer to straighten out (which also damages your hair from all the pulling with the straightener).

If I can recommend only 1 hair product to you, this is definitely the one. This product retails for $13.59, and can be bought in most hair stores, as well as online.

I hope you have enjoyed Day 1 of my 12 Days of Christmas, check back tomorrow to see what category we cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment