Tuesday 17 December 2013

5 minutes with: Cecilia Doan from Shit Bloggers Wear

You know the name 'Shit Bloggers Wear', but who is the face, or should I say hands, behind these sketches?

That would be 24 year old Cecilia Doan, a digital strategist from Portland, USA.




With only a handful of drawing classes behind her, Cecilia got to sketching the images that constantly popped up on her Instagram feeds from fashion bloggers around the world, that were marked as 'must-have' items.

Only starting in May 2013, SBW (the name was inspired from the Youtube videos "Shit Girls Say") sketches these noticeable trends three times a week, using only her black pen.


We were lucky enough to spend 5 minutes with Cecilia herself...

How would you describe your fashion style?
Bohemian and French chic, with a touch of tomboy. 

If you could raid anyone's wardrobe who would it be?
Taylor Tomasi Hill.

Do you own any of the items that you have sketched?
I have the Isabel Marant Dicker boots, Laduree macarons, and a newer version of the Balenciaga cutout boots. 

Is there a trend that you’ve seen bloggers wear that you would NEVER wear?

The Birkenstocks. I have clogs, but I would never wear the version that most of the bloggers are seen wearing. 

What is your biggest fashion paux?
I used to rubber band the opening of my pant legs, so that the indigo didn't bleed on my white sneakers. Usually Adidas Shell Toes or Nike Air Force 1's. 

What is one item that you can’t leave home without?
I love to take my Tarte cheek stain with me so that I can give my skin a refresher. I put it on my lips sometimes too. 

What do you think the next trend we will be seeing on ‘Shit Bloggers Wear’?
I think something in the cosmetics realm. Such as the RiRi for MAC lipstick. 

What is in store for Cecilia Doan in 2014?
I'll continue to focus on my career as a digital strategist, but will also continue to think of new ways to share interesting ideas and concepts. Especially through Tumblr.


Do you recognise, or own any of these items? (Guilty!). Here are our favourite sketches from the ever-so talented Cecilia:




Seen a must-have item over an over again on your social media feeds? Instagram the product to Cecilia to sketch @ccdoan , and for your chance to be featured on her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment