Sunday 1 December 2013

What I wore

Yesterday I was invited to the Paspaley Polo at Albert Park (what a great Christmas party idea!)

As you would have seen from one of my earlier posts, I attended the Jeep Polo a few weekends ago, where I was top-to-toe in black, gold, and red. So naturally, I wanted to go for the complete opposite look this time around.

Instead of a jumpuit, I opted for a Kookai dress with a high-neck (a look that is gaining more and more popularity on the catwalk) and used a palette of black, white, grey and silver.

I opted for a light pink almost nude lip (rather than a pop of colour), and instead of a very dark smokey eye I choose a silvery/grey smokey eye (and a nice felt tip pen liner to help accentuate this look).

As the weather was not on our side, I decided to wear another oversized hat (and slightly due to the fact that my hat was a hit at the last Polo). I had heard that a lot of Polo-goers would be wearing head pieces (chains and flowers) after they saw the media photos from the Jeep Polo, so I wanted to again steer away from blending in with this trend.

I wore a very 'sensible' shoe - this time a wedge (as opposed to a chunky pair of heels). Even if you are in a marquee, you are not immune from walking on the grass. And if you are walking around during the day you want to make sure that you are able to walk (and also not be shown on the news highlights package as one of the girls with her heels flung across her shoulder).



Dress: Kookai
Ring and bracelet: Cartier
Shoes, clutch and hat: Mimco
Sunglasses: Chanel
Nailpolish: Sportsgirl (fingers)
                   Chanel (toes)


No comments:

Post a Comment